BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 4, 2013

Slim by the Summer #3 - Change

slimbutton
I found an awesome linky to help me and anyone else who is interested in joining in. Just head on over to Raising Reagan to join in the fun! Each week there's a theme, I love themes! CLICK HERE!
 
So this week's theme is......

One thing I NEED to CHANGE about my DIET?!


Personally, I have always hated the word DIET! It was a way to just tell myself, "You're not fat." I always just told myself I have to get healthy. And I have gotten healthy once time before. Yeah, there was high school, I woke up at 5am to exercise with Denise Austin for years! I didn't have to do it everyday. I just did it because it gave me confidence, which we all need in high school, and it helped me stay thin. The other time was when I was in my mid-20's and hubby and I wanted to have baby #2! We could not get pregnant and all the doctors kept saying I had to lose weight, and all I heard was, "YOU'RE FAT!" Which was probably true! After losing 20lbs, bam, we got pregnant! So, when I think DIET, I think FAT!

So, now that I'm trying to lose weight, I know I'm not like oober fat, but I don't feel "normal" either. I found this great article at MedicineNet.com about "Change your lifestyle, not just your Diet Plan" and it gives you questions about what you are doing now and what you should be doing, especially if you want to keep the weight off! It's not the best "survey" but it's great to give you an idea and help you think about what and why you want to lose weight. And, I know how and how I like to lose weight.....

If I'm challenged or have a goal, I can do it. 

I guess the one thing I have to change is CONFIDENCE. I have always thought and said that I look horid in work-out attire cus you can see my "tire." You know what I mean right? But watching the Super Bowl Half-Time Show last night and looking at Beyonce and her flaws made me think that achieving a curvy, sexy and fit bot is totally doable. Sure, she might have had 24-hour help and personal chef's, nutritionists, trainers and MORE, doesn't mean that every-day moms who have an innate ability to mother (not saying she's not motherly), magically refill dressers, cabinets and refrigerators can't do the same!


Photograph by: Getty Images, The Associated Press


AM I RIGHT?




January  28 Stats:
Beginning Weight (January 2013): 186
Prepreganancy (2004): 135
Postpartum (3rd Baby, August 2012): 172
Goal Weight: 135

Last week: (Jan 1/29): 181.2
Current Weight:181.2


4 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

I am with you I having confidence and seriously we can do this together!! :)

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

Excited about your weigh in tomorrow. Confidence is definitely something that we all can use a little more of.

Way to put Beyonce up there ... she's a robot though!

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com

Unknown said...

Wish I looked as good as Beyonce!!!! Lol.

April Grant said...

One day, I plan to look like Beyonce. I'm currently considering whether I should start walking around pantless like her. I wish I could.

I didn't know anyone else who did Denise Austin in high school! I did it in junior high, because by high school, I had at least 4 hours of activity every day. I didn't need her anymore.

Look forward to more posts.

April @ 100lbcountdown.com